Monday, December 26, 2011

Cherry Blossom Cake







This post is ridiculously overdue, I apologize to Elise who has been waiting months for me to post this ;-) But this is hands down, one of my top favorite cakes, maybe even my favorite I'm not sure. It is in fact a birthday cake, not a wedding cake but when you turn eighteen you can have a three tiered cake :-) We went to Kobe's for dinner and the cake matched the restaraunt! I spent maybe a week making all of the flowers plus extras. The happy birthday sign was a last minute edition because I thought the cake needed something, it was just a piece of gumpaste that I hand-painted with food coloring but I like it :-) I have no idea what the red thing is so don't ask, it just looks really fun.

1 comment:

  1. This cake was even more beautiful in person. Though I only saw it when some of it had been enjoyed! ;) It tasted as amazing as it looked! Yummy! You have a lot of talent, Cassie! Thank you for making Elise's birthday so wonderful.
    Thank you, Susan .... Aka Elise's Mom.

    ReplyDelete